Board of Trustees
The Los Angeles Community College District is governed by a popularly elected seven-member Board. The current Board Members for 2015-2016 are:
- Scott J. Svonkin, President (Seat No. 5) - Send e-mail
- Sydney K. Kamlager, First Vice President (Seat No. 3)
- Mike Fong, Second Vice President (Seat No. 7)
- Mike Eng (Seat No. 2)
- Andra Hoffman (Seat No. 1)
- Ernest H. Moreno (Seat No. 4)
- Nancy Pearlman (Seat No. 6)
- Alexa Victoriano Student Trustee
Board members are elected at large for terms of four years. Elections are held every two years, with three members being chosen at one election and four members at the other. The President and Vice President of the Board of Trustees are elected by the Board for one-year terms at the annual organizational and regular meeting in July. A student member is elected annually—the term is June 1 through May 31 of each year.
The Board generally meets twice a month on Wednesday with the public session commencing at 2 p.m. with closed session to follow. However, special meetings of the Board are sometimes called to handle business that cannot be dealt with completely at a regular meeting. For more information regarding the Board meeting schedule and location, click on the Board Agendas menu or call the Office of the Board of Trustees at (213) 891-2044.